Monday, August 22, 2011

Sweet Zucchini Bread.. and more

Hello everyone.. today I decided to be super productive.. I mean creative.

Last night I went to Target to look for some storage drawers so I can try and contain my massive scrapbook mess.  While there I found these shelves that were on sale so I got them and decided I was going to make them into a desk... You see I was sure my dad would have something lying around in his garage (he did).  So when David left work work I set to work also...  Here I'll let you see my progress..
all of the pieces on the floor
Finished :D

 So that took about an hour and then I went to work on a scrapbook for a gift .... I got so into my work that 3 hours went by and Dave was already back for lunch and... I didn't  have any lunch ready... bad wife haha (just kidding) fortunately we had left overs :D..

Then after Dave went back to work I decided to make Sweet Zucchini Bread.... and it was a lot more work than I thought... the Recipe called for 2 cups of grated zucchini and I was able to grate most of my little finger a slice of my thumb and I nicked my wrist... !!! AGGGH .... so the task was much harder than just add 2 cups of grated zucchini!..... THEN halfway through grating the zucchini I had an allergy attack (probably from the flour I got in my nose... but who knows!) So I had to leave the kitchen and sneeze like every min and so I took some meds but then I was groggy and I  & the kitchen was a mess....

 None the less I finished it.. Here is the recipe.

SWEET ZUCCHINI BREAD
~from "the JOY of Cooking"

0ne 9x5 inch loaf pan.
preheat ovan to 350F. Grease the loaf pan

Whisk together:
  • 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flower
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Blend Well in a large bowl:
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 2 large eggs, beaten
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
Stir in the dry ingredients. Blend in with a few swift strokes.
  • 2 cups of grated zucchini, squeezed of excess moisture
  • 1 1/2 cups ground pecans or walnuts (optional)
Scrape the batter into the greased pan. Bake until the bread pulls away from the sides of the pan, about 45 mins. Cool in the pan on a rack for 10 minutes before unfolding to cool completely on the rack


Here are my pictures of the process:
you must wear a cute apron.... it makes the experience better



















No comments:

Post a Comment