Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Calm after the Storm...

I have always wanted to be a "blogger" but I felt like I never had anything to write about. But I decided that I didn't care anymore and I will write about whatever is on my mind...  Lately I've been thinking about all the changes that happen when you get married.  For me it has been an exciting and refreshing experience. Life seems so much simpler and calmer now that I am settled in with my hubby. Maybe that is because I am comparing it to life before the wedding that was so hectic and busy... always having decisions to make and places to be?   I have been married for 2 months and 12 days and it has been the calmest time of my life that I can remember, and I believe that is because its the first real break that I have had since high school.

When I graduated life didn't pause before I started college. I started working at the pool teaching swimming lessons for 12hours a day and then working at Scheels on Fridays and Faith's coffee shop over the weekends.... CRAZY  not only was I a workaholic I was rehearsing for our choir trip to NEW YORK and also preparing for my second mission trip to Brazil. Life continued at that pace because I started college in the fall...And that in itself was a mess. I ended up only studying for one semester before I took a break to nanny for 3 families.. and work at scheels through the winter.... Summer looked much like that of the one before. Come fall of 2008 I started YBVI and the real studying came. I was reading up to 5 books a week and that kept me busy.... 2 years later I am heading back to Brazil with the man that I love in June of 2010.. when we returned I had one more 10 week class to finish up and then I would be heading to Ethiopia on another mission trip...  When I returned 14 days later  David would give me the best day ever and propose that night on November 7th 2010.... AND THEN THE PLANNING BEGAN.

Waiting to see my Groom for the first time...
So as you can see I went from one thing to the next and now that the wedding has come and gone.. I am finally getting to enjoy rest. So that is why this blog is called Beginnings (and of course I spelled it wrong haha).  I hope to learn a lot about God's love for us in this new found rest! ..... until next time 










3 comments:

  1. Well, hold off on those babies then. Because that's a whole new storm. :) But I'm glad you have some rest now, so enjoy it, and enjoy this time being married... it all goes by so fast all on it's own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We plan to hold off on the babies for about 2 years... God willing. We really want to enjoy being together, hopefully getting to travel some before we start our own family :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for you!!! Welcome to this wonderful place. I've met so many wonderful people and made so many new friends! You'll get the hang of it, i swear it's super easy.

    ReplyDelete