Monday, August 29, 2011

Monday's

So its Monday...my day off.. well kind of! Its my day to get all of our house work & book work done. I usually watch at least one move while folding clothes...  PS i hate the "folding" part of laundry. Today I decided to watch "the Parent Trap II" and it was fun.. really cheesy but I guess I like cheesy.  I Vacuumed and swept the floors did laundry and made lunch for my hubby... I LOVE HIM.

Speaking of cleaning..


We have this red slip cover on our couch that greatly improves the look of our living room... but at the same time It is so obnoxious because I feel like every time you sit on it, it requires straightening out after and frankly I am really tired of fixing it.... I am hoping that one day we will find some awesome fabric that is in our price range so my Papa Buzz can cover it.. I am also hoping that he can make us an awening for our door so that when winter and snow come we will have a little cover from the snow and it won't track in as much mess...

Red Slip Cover... (ps the pillows are the actually couch fabric...now you can see why it needed covering up)
I also have this pile of "stuff" (that keeps growing) that I want to take to a second hand store so that someone might find use of it... but that would require me to make an appointment and take it somewhere... Lazy me, I know... so instead it stays by our front door collecting dust.  I keep telling myself that next week I will take care of it... but it hasn't happened yet.  Maybe next week will be the week.
My growing "pile of stuff"

and that leads me to another list of things that we seem to keep putting off.... like finishing our "thank you" cards from the wedding... I think I only have like 10 left ... I think I will celebrate when that is done... but we also need to take care of switching our car insurance and combining our phones to one plan. You wouldn't believe how much "paperwork" is involved in getting married.


So this weekend we had the opportunity to go to Casper, WY for David's cousins (Jason & Wendy) "wedding vow renewal" Ceremony.   And we had such a great time together.  Jason & Wendy have a blended family of 5, and the welcomed us in as if we were part of the family... well we are family.. but you know what I mean.  They had a simple ceremony in their back yard and they even had David and I read a poem during it. It was such an honor to be part of their special moment. I am so glad we are able to get to know them.  On of the best parts of the trip was the conversations we had together late at night when the kids went to bed... it is so cool to talk about what God is doing in our lives and listen to how He is moving in theirs....
Wend & Jason recommitting their vows :D

David and I love road trips... because it gives us hours of uninterrupted time together! This trip I read the entire book "Catching Fire" by Suzanne Collins (the 2nd book of the Hunger Game Series). It was so fun! I love reading out-loud to my husband... and it was fun being able to talk about the book together...Because we don't have TV to watch in the evenings I hope that we start doing that more in the evenings instead of reading by ourselves. Its really nice being able to share that time together. 
David & I road-tripping!! good thing Dave is still watching the road.. we have to be safe drivers ;)
David and I have also started some yard projects... one being installing a horse-shoe pit ..... I will show you the progress once its all done :D but we are excited and hope to have people over to play soon.....

2 comments:

  1. i had one of those slip covers once. my mom told me you can stick a yard stick behind the cushions to hold the fabric down. does yours not stay tucked into the cushion? that's what mine did. every time i sat on it, it would be like someone just threw a blanket over the top of it. annoying. anyway, yeah, i guess just take a yard stick and push it and the fabric between your cushions and the back of the couch. and do you really have to make an apt to take your stuff to goodwill? i just go to mrm and drop it off. they even give me the tax slip right then and there. i could be that annoying person who didn't make the apt and ruined their day though. i'm sometimes oblivious. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool... thanks for the advise. I hope I can find a yard stick ASAP~~. and no you don't have to make an appointment for goodwill... but I plan on taking in this stuff to "Nearly New" and they have you make an appointment. Its a cool place because they sell your stuff and then you get a portion of what they sell it for back. And then at your appointment if there isn't anything they want or they have too much of something they give it back and I take it to goodwill or they do that too.

    ReplyDelete