Wednesday, August 31, 2011

My lil sis...all grown up.

Last night David & I went back over to my parents house for a "Going Away" party for my sister. She will be moving to Minneapolis, MN to pursue her photography!  How cool is that! I am so excited for her.. and I know that she will do AWESOME there... you can check out her work here.  Its crazy for me to thing that my little sister is all grown up. We are 2 1/2 years apart and I feel like she is so much older than I am.... is that normal? Its like she is the first one to grow up and leave home... I know that is crazy because I am married and moved out.. but it just feels that way..... Did I mention that I am so excited for her.

My grandparents are here on their way through to Iowa for a family reunion and really wanted to make homemade ice-cream for Arianna's  Going Away Dinner... SO we had the best food ever last night!!!! Kabobs on the Grill... Potatoes... fruit...Banana Bars..... and HOMEMADE ICE CREAM! yummy. And apart from the ice cream/banana bars this meal wasn't too bad for me! Here are some pictures from the evening:
Shea (Arianna's Boy Friend) helping me with the Kabobs

David & Grammie cutting up the veggies

Before the Grill

David taking a turn cranking the ice cream


My turn

While Shea and my Mom grilled.. I built a fire...

Ready to Eat!

The "Party" Girl

Shea had just taken Arianna's Chicken off her plate.. great moment

Yummy..

My Dad and his best friend..Hobbie


Arianna reading her card from all of us

we got her a healthy living cookbook

Shea Making fun of Arianna

My Mom and I
It was an all around good time. I love that we can all get together and enjoy life together.  I hope that one day David & I will have a nice patio and fire pit that our friends and family can congregate around and just do life together...



No comments:

Post a Comment