Tuesday, August 30, 2011

HorseShoe part 2


If you haven't read part one...click....here


We went to my parents house to use my Dad's saw to cut down the wood to make the boxes for each back-board... and like a bad girl.. I forgot to take pictures of that.... so we will just get to see them all put together. While Dave was working on digging the holes I puled more weeds and the closer I got to the stupid Orange Tire.... I found a whole bunch of the "goathead" weed plant!! YUCK... and of being me.. I wasn't wearing any gloves. So my fingers have pokes all over them and the "goatheads" must have some sort of poison on them because I now have little red bumps on my fingers that hurt... Thank you weeds... NO thank you to the Day Care that used to rent out this place that never took care of anything!!!! we have a yard full of weeds and pokey goatheads!!!!! ..

Ok I am over that.... but seriously... David and I have worked hard to make this yard look good and we still have a yard full of weeds.... the hard part is that we are putting in all of this work to make it look nice and we are renting... its not even our home... oh well... its better to leave places in better condition that when you get there.


So the Orange Tiger Tire used to be the Day Care's sand box... so the area surrounding the tire is all Sand... no dirt at all.. which has become the neighborhood Cat Box/Playground.. I swear that there has to be at least 3-4 cats living in that tire. And if they are not living there they hang out there all the time.  When we moved in the landlord had planned to get rid of it, but the lady that had owned the Day Care called and said they still wanted it and were going to come by and get it... That was 4 months ago!!! I want that STUPID orange Cat House out of my back yard!!! thanks...

Now back to the Horseshoe Pit....

What are we supposed to do with all of that sand! I plan on mixing some of it into this spot in our yard to help with proper drainage... but I mean there is so much sand... maybe we can use it for when we put in a stepping stone pathway from our "parking lot" to our front door.. but I'm not sure if its the right kind of sand for that? ...

Anyway.. now that we have the boxes built we will start digging out the area for them and use some of our sand to fill them... then insert the pole and we will be ready to play in no time.... maybe even tonight.!!  I will post pictures of the finished product  Soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment