Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Proposal!

On the morning of November 8th, 2010. I woke up to a text around 8:15AM from David, saying "Can you please go look in your bathroom, I think I left my wallet in there last night." So I proceeded to get up and go to my bathroom where I found roses and a card.  I read the card and am informed that Dave has scheduled my mom and I both facials and Tallman's Medical Spa for 9:30 AM.  I was kinda in shock but I went up stairs with my flowers to tell my mom to get ready.

Justyne & I at Applebee's
We headed to the Spa and had a great/relaxing time getting our facials and sitting in massage chairs. When my mom was almost done, (I went first)  I was given a 2nd card. I opened it up and read that David had planned a girls lunch with my two friends Kristy and Justyne.  The previous week I started a health diet where I can't have any sugar, yeast or processed food... so i settled on Applebees because I could have a salad. So the girls picked me up at 1:15 and we headed to lunch. We had a great time chatting about life and we talked about my recent Ethiopia trip.
Kristy & I at Applebee's
After we finished eating, Justyne handed me a 3rd card. When I opened it up $100 dollars fell out! I had orders to spend all the money on a new outfit... "Shoes, Dress, and Everything" Its funny that he said I have to spend everything because he knows I am a thrifter so I would try to spend the least amount.... So I decided to go to Kohls because they usually have the fanciest/cheapest clothes, and I could find everything in one place. Kristy and Justyne  took me shopping and we had a blast trying on clothes and I finally decided on a black dress, cute black heals (they had bows on them) and a gray sweater. Unfortunately, the weather decided to turn cold but it all worked out.
I went home and Kristy and I painted our toenails. Then my mom helped me do my hair and I was all ready to go by 6:20.... I was kinda excited.  David showed up around 6:20 and my parents took pictures of us all dressed up.
We got to Jakes at 7 and enjoyed a great dinner. I decided to get the chicken fajitas because they had lots of veggies. But because it was a special occasion I also had a half a glass of wine and then Dave and I shared Creme Brulee! oh it was so yummy.
The whole day I thought that this might be the day that Dave proposed.. but he had hinted that I would have to wait a month or so more so I kept telling myself that this wasn't it... it was just a great date.  I made myself believe that, because I didn't want to be upset if he didn't ask.  I also thought that if he would have been planning on proposing it would have happened before dinner. So I was just enjoying the day.
We left the restrant and went home.. he said we could watch a chic flic and relax... so we come in and he points to a picture my sister took of Dave and I in the leaves. He tells me that there is something very special about that picture and I needed to go look at it closer. So I do and I am not finding anything out of the ordinary and I turn around and Dave is on one knee with a ring extended. Now I had been so convinced that he wasn't going to ask today that I didn't know what to do... I was so shocked that I hardly let him get the words out I just wanted to touch the ring!!!.... I was so excited.. He asked me to marry him and I obviously said YES!!!!  It was a Perfect Day

No comments:

Post a Comment