Friday, August 19, 2011

Couscous Salad

FROM THE KITCHEN OF:  JOY ERICKSON
 
1 box of regular (plain) couscous- follow the box directions, but I use chicken broth for the liquid instead of the water. Do this first... then put in the fridge to cool.
 
Add yummy stuff-
grape tomatoes
chopped cucumber
chopped purple onion or green onions
fresh mozzarella cheese - chopped into bite size pieces
copped cilantro
add any other veggie you have in the house. I think about 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup or so each...
 
Use your favorite oil and vinegar based salad dressing...put in about 1/4 - 1/2  cup stir and let sit awhile and taste to see if it's enough or if you need more.



Place Cilantro and Kale in food processor and chop
it should look kinda like this..

Chop up the green onion... I use green because Dave doesn't like onions and I can hide them in the salad
Chop cucumbers into bite sized pieces... I like lots of cucumber so I did 3 small/med ones



Cut the tomatoes into fourths
   
I also added a handful of carrots cut into small bites... it made for a more colorful salad

Cut Cheese into bite size pieces... don't add to couscous until the couscous is completely cool or the cheese will melt.



Mix in all veggies & Cheese into cool Couscous...
Pour in Salad dressing while fluffing with fork.. Serve and ENJOY

 

No comments:

Post a Comment