Tuesday, September 20, 2011

What's For Dinner!!

Last night I really wanted to make something new...but healthy for dinner. I started looking on the world wide web and found this.... Chicken Cutlets with Tomato Saute!.... Check out the  Recipe Here!

You start by cooking the chicken in a skillet with olive oil until they are golden brown and done all the way through.  I only had chicken breasts so I cut two of them up into 6 pieces or so.... I also added garlic to the oil so there was a little more flavor.


Once the chicken is done.. transfer it to a plate while you add the tomatoes. Cook until the begin to burst... about 2-3 mins. Add the white wine and simmer until it is reduced by half.... I was  a bit impatient and added the Scallions and Tarragon a little early.. but I think it was ok!


By the Way... did you know that Scallions are really just green onions?! I didn't so I had to "google" what they were just to find out I had some already! haha.....


The recepie said to keep the chicken on the plate and then dish the tomato saute over them.. but I decided to add the chicken back in and let it simmer a bit in the wine to increase the flavor... GOOD IDEA!!! it was really good.! 


I cooked Quinoa and a side of fresh green beans and we had a great fresh dinner!!!  Here are some of the pictures of the process.


Letting the oil and garlic heat up before I add the chicken

Rinsing the Quinoa out good..

Cooking the Chicken

The Tomato Satue

David made me take a picture with our food.... but I  have no make-up on and look super classy.. this is the real me

Our beautiful plates

Dinner!! Yummy



No comments:

Post a Comment