Thursday, September 15, 2011

Water, Life.. & the Butterfly Effect



When I was cleaning at work today I kept looking at this picture. Its on one of our signs telling about how 100 % of the profits made at Atrium Espresso go to our Billings & Beyond Ministry.  It made me think back about my time in Ethiopia. This picture was taken on a previous trip when the water well/tower was first up and running!! ..

I can't even imaging what life would be like with out water... that life giving spring that comes when ever I turn on my faucet.... That I usually let run and waste water while I do dishes or brush my teeth.

The joy that these kids experienced on that day is something I wish I could have seen... their lives changed that day... they used to have to ration water and now they get to play in it!!

I read a blog that my friend Larissa wrote not long after we had been to Ethiopia last October about a devotional we had while on the trip.  The devotional was all about the Butterfly Effect... Larissa had been to Ethiopia and was able to see the transformation the water well brought to the Orphanage and the Village.. I really encourage you all to read her post... HERE

On our first work day at the orphanage we decided that it would be beneficial to walk the perimeter of the orphanage and pray over the fence that protects them & also see all that has been done to improve their life there. It was a very touching experience.... and there was a very special moment when were were standing at one of the faucets around the campus. Just like our devotional talked about how even the littlest of actions can change the course of a life... (the butterfly effect) we were able to see how water brought life to this community! As we were praying over the faucet a little butterfly landed on the spout and for a moment it was as if time stood still and God was saying... see... do you see it? That all of the work and time spent on this well last year is changing the lives of this little Ethiopian community!

God was reminding us that we were sent for a reason.... and no matter the size of the job being done, it is important in His eyes....

I am so glad that I get to work at a place that reminds me of the children that I love in Ethiopia.. and know that we get to help change the course of their lives...  Here are some pictures of their smiling faces....

Kia & Chalto... they are twins!!

School kids.... look at the little guys face on the right.. so awesome!!


Danny





Zelahlum & Rosa


My baby Aragu & her Brother Dachessa

Me with Rosa and Fidhassa


Me with Fidhassa & Danny (my boys) at the falls


Dumblesh....

Aragu & Daratu

Challie




2 comments:

  1. Rosa's hair in that picture is CRAZY!!! baha well said. i'm so excited to see all the progress that water has given them. have you seen their gardens? oh ma gosh! i have a new blog for you to read, she's adopting from ethiopia and her story is amazing. find her here: http://elderadventures.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing that blog with me! it is super AWESOME!! And I have not seen the gardens... I bet they are amazing too... I am so excited that you are heading back to that wonderful place.. wish I could too...

    ReplyDelete