Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Labor Day Weekend

This weekend David, myself and a bunch of others...went up to Luther, MT and camped... well we stayed in a cabin.. so it was a lot less of a hassle than camping... but probably just as fun!  We hung out and just had a really great time. I think the fact that there was no agenda is what made this weekend so great. There was no plan that we had to follow.. we could just be!

Kevin brought up his bow & arrows and David found out that he really enjoyed shooting. He said it was something about how ancient the sport was.... that it used to be the means to get food.... and that there is something really calming to the art of shooting. All of the guys became boys again.. Shooting and destroying things! 

 
IT WAS SO MUCH FUN TO WATCH

I have been reading The Hunger Games Series to David and we are now in the 3rd book. The story is about a girl.. Katniss Everdeen and her story of rebellion against the Capitol and her survival of everything thrown her way. I won't tell you the whole story because I believe everyone should read it! Seriously.. its pretty good.  But David has really enjoyed me reading to him... And I think he is really getting in to the story.

Look at how he poses with the Bow & arrows! He is my own Gale Hawthorne!!! And I loved watching him enjoy shooting so much! 


Leslie with her fort!


















Leslie & Kevin have been working on making a lean-to fort across the creek.... So we hiked up to see it and looks pretty sweet.... if I ever needed shelter and came across their lean-to I would be happy!


Kevin, Cody & Garret playing Stratigeo
David with his "kill"

We roasted Giant Marshmallows!





.... "Hey Darci, Let me throw you into the fire..."

Our Beautiful Fire


On the second day we were there we woke up and decided to hike up to the top of the hill/mountain behind the cabin.  It wasn't too long of a hike.. but most of the time it was straight up.. up... up! So I didn't many pictures of that process because my hands were busy trying to keep me on the mountain haha.  David & Cody were every so sweet to slow up and take their time so Molli and I didn't have to go it alone.  We eventually did catch up to the rest of the crew and had a blast throwing rocks of the side of the cliff.. throwing paint balls at each other.. and other random moments. We sang songs and I laughed a lot!
Hiking up to the top of the hill

Beautiful Molli

She was my hiking buddy!

Leslie & Kevin


Leslie & ME




So the paintball gun ran out of CO2 so the girls... (Leslie & Jenine) wanted the boys to throw the paintballs at them! CRAZY but it was a lot of fun. Cody kept saying "This feels so wrong" as Leslie said..."You guys throw like girls"! hahaha

They have welts to prove it... they are kinda hard to see but they are there.

Then Kevin & David started throwing paint-balls at each other... and right when Dave put his head down... He got hit right on the head..

It was reallly good he put his head down or he would have got it right in his eye!




THE HIKING CREW.. Ryan, Cody, Kevin, Molli, Leslie, Janine.. and David & I



After we all came back down from the mountain David wanted to go swimming in the creek. So he ran in and changed.... and I took a shower so I missed all of this fun... but thankfully someone took pictures!! Probably Molli and Kevin.... Thanks!

Dave did nature YOGA...Check it out



Not sure if this is considered a Yoga pose?



The Tree


Then He & Molli got in a water fight... I Guess it was epic





Making it more of a challenge

Cody looking like a true hunter.... with his kill (a decoy Duck)
 Every evening there we all gathered in the living room and had a "Jam" Session. Kevin & Garret played their guitar's... Cody played the jimbe (not sure how to spell that) and the rest of us grabbed anything and created our own instruments.  My favorite was the "Rock and Cup"  or the "wooden spoon & Globe" it was so much fun making music together!  

Which caused us to discover that Cody loves Disney almost as much as I do.... we broke into songs from our favorite movies and quoted our favorite characters.... I loved finding a new friend in Cody. Who would have thought anyone would love Disney like David & I do! SO FUN.

 We probably did a lot more but I can't think of anymore to write.... But I do know I will remember this trip forever......I loved everything about this trip.  We made some awesome new friends!! AND I am so thankful for the opportunity to spend this weekend with my wonderful husband.... and being like a kid again

No comments:

Post a Comment