Monday, September 12, 2011

This Weekend




Friday:

Friday was a fairly normal day. I had to work from 7:00am to 4:30pm. But work went by pretty fast because I got there and started cleaning our the cupboards and forgot to eat my breakfast... and when I realized I was hungry it was 1:00pm already! So that is good.  David &; I decided to have some friends over for a bon-fire and to play some horseshoes.. because we finally got those finished... People came over around 7:30 and we had fun! I really liked entertaining people at my house.. it made me feel more like a grown up..married woman.  Probably because I didn't have to ask anyone's permission to have people over. It was also a plus that I didn't have to work Saturday morning like I usually do... So it was easier staying up later with friends knowing I would get to sleep until 8 or 9 instead of getting up at 5:30 to get ready for work! YAY for days off.


Saturday:
 Saturday was a fun filled day. It started out at the "Academy of Nail Skin and Hair" when I went to get my hair trimmed. I figured that I would be ok going to the school for a trim and the fact that its only $10 I decided it would be worth it even if it wasn't the best cut.... but how hard can a trim be? The girl was really nice and she showed a lot of potential as a stylist but she was really slow and not very confident in herself... so a 30 min trim turned into and hour.... and then she asked me if I would like it styled so I said sure..... but much to my dismay.. When she said style I was thinking blown dry and maybe straightend.... where as she was thinking a full head of thermal curls... so I sat there for another 90 mins getting my hair curled. It did look really good.. and it was nice because we had a wedding to go to... but I was totally tired of sitting there in the salon and I really had other things I could be doing.... Like going to Costco or taking a nap because we would have yet another late night.


It was my weekend to sing at church and I had to be at practice at 3:00 so after our trip to Costco to get my prescription, eat and take a trip through the store to taste all of the samples (so yummy) I was finally able to make it home to get ready for the evening.


David and I had a wedding to go to at 6:00 and church gets out at 6:15 so my plan was to leave after worship ... skipping the last song after the message so I could make it to the wedding. But during practice Matt asked me to stay and sing a back up part for the last song so I did and we would just make it to the Reception.  Worship comes and goes.... its time for the last song and Jay (the other back up singer) and I totally miss our spot to come it and I could have been at the wedding hahaha.... oh well good thing there are 2 more services on Sunday to get it right!
David & Sara Mutch



After Service David and I rushed to the wedding and we made it in time to see the KISS!! so amazing. The wedding was at the Zoo. The same place David and I got married three months ago. We had a blast dancing. My friend Aaron was the best man and he gave the best "best-man toast" I have ever heard!! It was so witty and yet so genuine! 

I am so excited to see what God has in store for these two! I know that they are going to do great things for the Lord! It was so awesome being invited to their wedding!



 After the wedding we headed to the Bowling Lanes for some "Strikes for Cash" action. We met up with some of our friends and had a blast!  The way "strikes for Cash" works is how the pins are set up on the lane. If there was a colored pin at the very front that meant there was a money opportunity. I am no good I bowling... haha I think I bowled better when I was 6 than I do as a 22 year old.  But we had so good bowlers in our group. Shout out to Molli, Ryan, Janine, Coty, Kevin, Leslie and David. You guys are awesome.  Here are some pictures of our Bowling fun!





We were so excited!!


THE WHOLE GANG







As you can see... I beat David in our first game.. but he took the highest score of the night in the third game.
Bowling a... 209! way to go babe!



SUNDAY: 20 somethings at Recess!
Today I had practice at 8:00am for Worship and got up at 6:20 and made it to the church on time! YAY.... and just in-case you were wondering... I did get the part right on the next 2 services.. and then David & I went to lunch at the Olive Garden with our friends Molli, and Caleb for soup, salad, & bread-sticks.... I ate way too much of the Zuppa !! SO GOOD!  I wish I could have the self discipline that Molli displayed. She managed to eat one bowl of soup.. one serving of salad.. and one bread-stick... I think I ate 2 plates of salad....2 bowls of soup... and 3 bread-sticks... geeze how am I supposed to get back in shape when I eat like that... Bad Andrea! 


After lunch we all.... and by we I mean a group of us friends....met at Veterans Park to play some basketball!  I think the last time I really played basketball was in the 5th grade... seriously!! And I'm not counting the small games of PIG or "PIGLET" if you are Molli. The basketball quart was inside an elementary school so it really was like we were all at recess again... I had so much fun... and I wasn't as bad as I expected to be... by no means am I good.. because I can't dribble more than 3 times in a row and that's if no one is coming at me! hahah But I did do ok... and made 4 baskets during the game... ONE of which was the winning shot! Maybe I will be a basketball player when I grow up! Here are some pictures of the us at Recess:



 Ryan was playing around on the Scooter.. check it out

Coty .. making a joke that I won't repeat haha

David.. I think he is saying something.

Water Break (Kelsey, Micah, Molli & Coty)

Water Break (Janine & David)

Kelsey & I on the teeter-totter

Janine on the Bars!!

David and I met up with my parents at the Movies to watch .. "THE WARRIOR"  and it was a really really really good move.... but I cried through our the whole thing. I am almost thinking I shouldn't go see ANY movies because I leave almost all of them feeling so overwhelmed with the story.  Now don't get me wrong.. I liked this one but I was so heartbroken at the way their family functioned and all I wanted to do was go through the movie screen and give all of the charterers hugs! I mean seriously... could the other people not see that all they needed was LOVE!! ok.... well after the movie all I wanted to do was curl up on our couch and sob. But we had dinner plans with my parents so that couldn't happen... and David wanted to watch some football over there!  We went to my parents and ate, watched some foot ball  and then around 9:30 we came home... and went to bed.

I think you could say we had a FULL weekend! I love the friends that I have and am so happy that God has provided David & I with a community of other believers our age who just want to enjoy life together. I am looking forward for another week!


No comments:

Post a Comment