Friday, September 16, 2011

Ramblings



SO.. I have been thinking a lot about things to write about and how I can better myself in that area.... I've never been a great writer... I have always been more creative with crafts... painting... scrap-booking...photography...singing... etc. etc.. BUT.... I have always wanted to be a good writer.. or at least be good at expressing my thoughts with words...

This is why I have been so attracted to the blogging community! I get to be part of a wonderful group of writers... some really good... some really creative... and some learning what their voice is.. (I would be in the latter group).. And I hope that one day I will have grown into a beautiful writer.

I don't want to write novels... or poems (well I would like to.. just am no good at that) but I would like to capture moments and make memories of my life... writing how I feel and what is going on in my little world of Andrea!....

So I  these are some of the things I have on my mind and I thought I would share with all of you... or the 4 of you that follow me... THANK you for following me!... And maybe even one day I will make a list of all of the things I want to do... and then work my way through them because they would give me topics to blog about and I would be learning new things all the time... Sounds like a win/win to me!
  1. I really want to learn how to braid hair... not just a simple braid... but a french braid. And most of all I want to be able to braid my own hair. I grew up with my mom always braiding my hair and never had a reason to learn... But now that I am married and moved out of my parents house.... I think it is about time to learn!
  2. I also really want to learn to play my guitar. I got this beautiful acoustic/electric guitar for Christmas my junior year of high school and I  still don't know how to play it. Instead it sits in our spare bedroom collecting dust... and on top of that I feel super guilty every time I look at it..  it's like my guitar is looking at me like on of those really sappy commercials with the iron's that are crying because the mom just bought wrinkle-resistant dryer sheets... I KNOW I am silly but that is how it make me feel!! So I want to learn how to play it!
  3.  Also, I miss being creative with my clothing... I feel that when I was in high school I was really good at this... not so much any more.. Its not that I'm not able to be creative with my outfits its that I am lazy or that I don't wake up early enough to put cute things together... So instead I wear the same pair of jeans and the same 5 T-shirts and Sweater combos every week!! Then occasionally I will decide that I want to look cute... Either because I am singing at church or we are going to go out with people I don't know very well! And I am also very bored with the clothes I have but I also and too cheap to go out and buy new ones!!....
  4. I LOVE Christmas!! And I know its only September, but I have this HUGE urge to put up my Christmas tree and decorate and make sugar cookies & gingerbread houses!!  I don't know why I love it so much... Maybe its because of how Christmas makes me feel.... I feel warm and fuzzy and why does that have to be limited to just Thanksgiving - Christmas! I want to feel that all Year LONG!
  5. I secretly desire to be a wedding planner... or at least the wedding planner visionary! I love creating special moments and picking out cute colors and dresses and center pieces.. but if I were to ever actually pursue this as a career I would be afraid that I am not the best person for the job because I am not great at networking !  So maybe I will just continue to dream up weddings in my head and hope that one day I will get to help a friend design their special day!
  6. I am Obsessed with Disney Movies!!! I love watching them... quoting them... Singing the songs in them! I am So glad that David puts up/enjoys them too! haha
  7. I love the iPhone app INSTAGRAM... and now I am taking pictures all the time and wanting to blog about everything that happens in my day! haha hopefully I don't get too obsessed! 
Well I think that's all for now! If you have any suggestions or comments I would love to hear them!! Can't way to make a list!!... because this doesn't count haaha

1 comment:

  1. I don't know how to french braid either Andrea! Not that it matters too much with my short hair...but what if I have daughters one day! I'm in trouble!

    I like your list :). I like your blog. I. Like. You.
    Okay, I'm done.

    ReplyDelete