Tuesday, November 1, 2011

October in a Flash!

Can you really believe that is already November? October was so busy and went by so fast!! And because of that I am having to do a "October Recap" Post because it flew by before I got to write about any of it!!!

On Friday night.. 2 weeks ago a group of us got together and carved pumpkins!! we called in the"Pumpkin Maina" It was loads of fun. I love doing holiday related crafts and activities, so I was all excited about this!  However, there is something about the pulp in the pumpkins that makes my hands hurt and get all red.  So I decided to paint my pumpkins.  Here are some pictures of that evening.




Ryan and Janine



Leslie had just had surgery earlier that week so she took on the job of cleaning out the seeds so we could roast them later! WAY TO GO TO! 

Kevin did a realistic face

Giant Pumpkin Seeds 


Molli didn't carve pumpkins but she carved zucchini

Kelsey carved in the kitchen



I decided not to carve so I had been looking on Pinterest and here is what I did!
David and Ryan are serious about their pumpkin carving! 


Amber & Candace teamed up to carve!

Molli made me laugh out loud when she started carving fruits and vegetables!!


These were the pumpkins of.. Ryan and Janine... David... And Candce and Amber!



***** I forgot to tell you all about my Carido Fusion Class on Thursday!! it was so crazy fun!! In the Spirit of Halloween we all decided to dress up in 80's Work Out Attire and come to class ready for a fun time!!   There was a prize for the best dressed and... yes! I won. It was a pumpkin and ginger spiced candle that now sits on our end-table/filing cabinet in our living room! haha.


We all thought that we would have an easy work out... WE WERE WRONG! The spandax that I was wearing was thick and it made every movement I tried to do 100 times harder!! I was sweating so much by the end of that class and sure I wasn't going to be able to walk the next day!!


Then on Sunday October 30th we were hanging out at my parents house because thats what we usually do... its Family Day and Football Day... we don't have cable or satellite television so we go to my parents to watch.  And we like the Amazing Race too!  So inbetween the football game and the Race we decided to carve more pumpkins.
To be completly honest, I really wanted to carve them just so we could eat the pumpkin seeds. And I would have been able to eat some of the ones we had from the last carving party but I left them at Leslie's....Stupid me!... 

And as I was geting ready to post some pictures of those cute pumpkins I realized that I took them with my phone and don't have my iPhone cord with me so I will have to fininsh this post later tonight.. lame haha.
********** Updated with Pictures now :D

Shea (my sisters boy friend) carved this one!!

David carved this one

This is the one I carved... look He has teeth!


And Finally.... but not the least... Monday October 31st was HALLOWEEN!    

David and I volunteered at our church for our annual CANDY RUN and this year it BIGGER than ever! The church was divided up into eight different zones... 1 Enchanted Forest, 2 Star Wars, 3 The Farm, 4 Pirate Ship, 5 Candy Land, 6 Land of Oz, 7 Up (the movie) and 8 Mario Cart.

I am not sure how many people we estimated would come....but I am sure there were more than what we thought! I have never seen that many people in our church EVER!!! It was so neat to see Faith filed with people from the community.  I can't wait to see/hear how many people did show up!  

**************** UPDATE!!! I talked to the staff at faith and they said the people counting at the doors tallied up 1900 + kids that came through our church doors on Halloween!!! HOW AWESOME IT THAT!  and when you think about it..that doesn't include the adults that came with the kids... so they are estimating that we had 5000-7000 people come though!! Woo HOO!!! ****************

 
David and I were stationed in the "Family Farm" Zone! Dave dressed as a "farmer who's pigs got out in the middle of the night so he ran out in his long johns!" HAHAHA... 
I dressed up as a Fairy... And I know you are thinking that there are not fairies at the farm but here is the back story.  When I had first heard about the CANDY RUN I was under the impression that the whole church would be decorated like the "Enchanted Forest" So I started looking at fairy costumes and got really excited about that....then when I heard that the High School ministry would be the Family Farm I still wanted to be a fairy...

Yes.. it would have been less work to just wear some jeans and a flannel and be a cast member at the farm but I was already committed to a fairy! Also, we had  another party to go to after the Candy Run and I didn't want to be a cow girl there.... ok enough about that... Here are some pictures from the Farm!
Frankie on the Banjo... we had a barn band!

Jake on the Guitar

David and I outside at the Petting Zoo (part of the Farm)


The Barn Band!! They let me sing along too :D

On of my favorite costumes.. Lions, Tigers & Bears...OH MY

Brenden, Savannah and Kim... friends we go out to dinner with after church. They looked great! 

 The Place was packed and I still can't believe how many people came through there last night!  David and I left the church at 7:00 so we could make it to our other party! 

This party was going to be a surprising one for my good friend Emily! Her wonderful boyfriend planned it all out and it was the night he was would ask Emily's hand in marriage!! HOW AWESOME IS THAT... We all got to Orrin's house before they did so we could witness the whole thing. 

Orrin had carved pumpkins on Sunday that spelled out  "WILL U MARRY ME" and set them in the yard... so when they walked up to the house he pointed them out and got down on one knee!! Emily's hands were full and she was so shocked!!! 

When they came in the house we all cheered! I think it was a bit overwhelming for all of us to be there but it was really fun too!!! Emily ran off into Orrin's room (probably to process what happened) and then started call/text EVERYONE and let them in on the Good NEWS!  IT was such a fun way to Celebrate Halloween and get us all excited for the months ahead! They plan to tie the knot on June 3rd, 2012! I cant wait! 
This is an instagram photo I took with my phone of the pumpkins and cake! SUCH A CUTE IDEA

So this is the really moment! as you can see... a stupid tree kept me from getting a really good shot

Right after!!!

Emily is Engaged... and SO EXCITED

Beautiful Ring that Orrin picked out!!

Emily Telling everyone about the news

Katie Emily and Me

David found Orrin's Gnome beard and tried it on!


The Happy Couple

Becky made this wonderful cake that tasted ..oh so yummy!



THE GNOMES

Kelsey and Jim!

Becky and Katie


No comments:

Post a Comment