Saturday, November 5, 2011

Month of Thankfulness: Day 5

As I sit here watching the first snow fall of the season..  listening to the Pandora Christmas Station and breathing in the sent of my new "evergreen" Candle from Bath & Body Works,
I am excited because its beginning to look like christmas!

Yesterday when I got off work I decided to stop by the mall to use my Bath & Body works coupons.... and I still had a gift card from last christmas to use up..

when I got there I was instantly put in the Christmas Spirit!!! (if that is even possible because I was already there)! but anywho.... I spent 15 mins at least smelling all of their new candles.... I TOTALLY Gave myself a headache!

While I was overstimulating my sense of smell... I couldn't help but notice this trio of people doing the same thing!  There were two women and then one of them had a son who was 4.. (I know this because they mentioned it at one point(

Anyway... the little boy really wanted this "gingerbread" candle and the mom did not like that smell at all! And told him no because they were only going to get one.

The little boy, who is wearing a bright read hooded sweatshirt and jeans... perseeds to throw a big fit and yell how he wants and needs this said "gingerbread" gingerbread candle!

My Favorite part of this story is that the mom was so Cool and Collected! She explained that they were not getting it and if he really wanted it that badly he could ask for it for Christmas. Hahaha...

I wanted to tell her!!! YOU GO MOM!

because too many parents these days allow their kids to get anything & EVERYTHING they want just to prevent a "Scene"

The mom's friend leaned over to me while the Mom was talking to her son.... and said "I am NEVER having kids!" haha

Sometimes I wish that situations would make me question if I want to have kids or not... but usually they make me want kids even more!

I Can't wait to be a MOMMY!
To have the opportunity to Raise up a child in the ways of the Lord and teach them about the important things in life!! Oh man!.... I get all giddy inside when I think about having a baby... but now is not the time, and I will eagerly wait for when I can tell everyone that I am going to be a mommy!

OKAY... back to being THANKFUL (because thats what this post is really about) So here I am watching the snow and obviously reflecting and anticipating things.... and Its SNOWING!

If you know me at all... I am not a fan of the SNOW... because in my mind SNOW = being COLD and WET and BAD ROADS!!!

But there is something so beautiful about the first snow... The way it blankets the earth in white.. and suggests a time for stillness and rest. So I am going to appreciate the first snow and be Thankful for its calm and quiet suggestion to everyone that Christmas is right around the corner!

I will chose to see the good things about Snow and try my best not to complain every time it snows this year.... because God is the one who makes it snow... it provides the earth with moisture to sustain life in the Spring....

And it is REALLY BEAUTIFUL!

No comments:

Post a Comment