Friday, November 4, 2011

Month of Thankfulness: Day 4

If you care to read my first post on Thankfulness you can do that here & here



When I think about being thankful and the question... "what are you thankful for?"

I feel like my answers tend to err on the side of superficial and (for a lack of a better word) "not deep" or well thought out.  Do you ever end up thinking that you are not really thankful for what your say you are.... I mean really.... do you really FEEL Thankful?

Well I am not sure that I always do.

But I want to... I want to be Genuinely Thankful for the things that I have and I want to quit taking simple everyday necessities for granted. Always feeling like I need more stuff.. that needs to stop! Right now because I HAVE MORE THAN I NEED.

So Today.. I am thankful for some of the simple things like that...

Like the clean air I have to breathe..

Warm/Hot Showers every morning....well more like every other.. But I have the option of Warm water whenever I want it... I don't have to shower in Cold water or wonder if there will be any water to drink.. Because I know that it is a guarantee that if I turn on my faucet water will come out! That's a GIVEN!

But that is not the case for everyone around the world....

Grocery Stores Filled with Food... I don't have to go hungry! But there are many people who do... EVEN IN AMERICA.... EVEN IN OUR TOWN!! This month is the beginning of the Holiday season.. and our Church (Faith Chapel) is having a food drive so that we can help supply our local food bank with food for families this Holiday.  Join us in making sure no one has to go hungry this Thanksgiving!! If you are in the area... Please bring in non-parishable food items to Faith through out the week or durring one of our weekend services...









We are also doing a Coat & Blanket Drive... this is Montana and winter here can be pretty brutal...epically if you don't have the means to stay warm... Drop of your extra blankets and coats so we can help those in need this winter season!


Yes.. I know that was a little off topic.. but these are thinks I take for granted A LOT! and I want to change that and maybe help someone else out in the process!


Today I will leave you with a passage from Ephesians 4: 19b-20

"..Be filled with the Spirit, speaking to one another with psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit. Sing to make music from your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for EVERYTHING, in the name of the LORD Jesus Christ."

No comments:

Post a Comment