Thursday, November 3, 2011

A Month of Thankfulness: Day 1 & 2

***** So I have been trying to post this for 2 days now and have come to the conclusion that I must start completely over...well almost....the internet/my computer would not have anything to do with letting me post anything!!

I have been wanting to do a themed post... or a scheduled post... and I have been thinking a lot about what November represents and Thought that this would be a good time to start. So I am going to be posting something that I am thankful about every day in the Month of November..... Plus it helps me keep perspective of what the important things are as the Holiday Season approaches.

DAY 1:
November 1st happened to land on a Tuesday. Which is the day David and I go over to my parents house in the evening to watch the Biggest Loser! I think its my favorite show because its so Motivating.

This is a picture of my sister (Arianna), Anna and me if front of our churches
Christmas tree a few years back!!
First of all it reminds me of what happens when you no longer care about yourself and let your weight get out of control.. so I am motivated to stay healthy so I don't get to the point where I am so big I no longer remember how I got that way...

And 2... I love the way it is so inspiring! These people are truly changing their lives and doing the hard work that is necessary to make a difference!

Well enough about that...(this is not a post about the Biggest Loser!) its about what I am thankful for....I guess I could say I am thankful for that but What I really want to write about is a commercial I saw during that show!... or more like commercials.

It was the beginning of CHRISTMAS commercials! I know that is crazy to most of you but I got so excited and lit up inside because its that time of year!

Don't Judge!!

I just love Christmas....and I like to start early because as it gets closer, the more busy and stressful the season seems to get! And I want to be able to enjoy every second of it!  SO.. I am excited to announce that I will be putting up my Christmas tree this week!! Probably on Friday after I get off work....

******** Yesterday when I was trying to post this the first time.... David looked over my shoulder and say..."What is going up this week????" HAHA... What can I say... I LOVE CHRISTMAS!

So I guess, to tie it all back in.. I am thankful that I get to start enjoying the Christmas Season.... The season of Generosity..and remember that its all about CHRIST and how HE came into this world with a purpose...to save the lost!

AND THAT IS WHY WE CELEBRATE!

DAY 2:

Now on to the second day of Thankfulness!

I have been looking through my pictures from my Trip to Ethiopia last October and God has been filling up my heart with Love for these kids all over again!  I have also been looking at my friend Larissa's pictures because she and her husband just got back from there this last weekend!

A group from our church got to go back in October and help build up a church in Ambo, Ethiiopia and hold a Vacation Bible School for the kids many of us sponsor at NEW HOPE Orphanage. And orrigionally I was really frustrated that I wasn't able to go back.... that my timing and God's timing wern't the same!....

Uggh...I know that there is a reason for everything but sometimes its really tough being on the "human" time-line and time perspective!

I kept thinking... doesn't God know how much I want to be there?.... well of course he does! He is GOD! So eventually I came to the conclusion that there must be a reason that I had to stay here this year.

So I started focusing on that... and thinking that At least someone is going back.. And the children will still be loved on and hugged a million times!!!  I am so glad and thankful that even though I wasn't the one who got to go back... they did. And the kids there were able to be loved on and, God willing, I will get to go back next year. 

I am thankful that I get the opportunity to sponsor precious Arague and shower her with prayers and letters! And I am thankful that this world isn't about me...

Even though I act like it is sometimes and get caught up in things that have no value.... But this life is about a bigger story.. and I am glad that I get to be a small....very small...Part of what God is doing!


So those are the things that have been on my mind and heart as of late and I am so thankful that God has allowed me to LOVE Christmas so much... and also given  me a heart for Ethiopia...

Sorry for the delay in the post... technical difficulties..

Stay tuned for more Thankfulness!!

No comments:

Post a Comment