Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Tuesday FUN

Well its Tuesday Again!! And I am babysitting.  This morning we went on a wonderful fall walk!! look at these beautiful pictures... I love how fall is so colorful and the temperature is mild !! It totally puts me in a crafting mood!



From my earlier post you will remember that I have been Crocheting like crazy this past week and I even was able to make a Puffy Slouch Hat by following this Pattern. It turned out really cute... but I think I used a larger gauge yarn than she did because mine is so BIG! haha and maybe its because I have a small head that it looks so big.... So then I decided to try it again but just decrease it by a few stitches.... Bad Idea ... i can't even get the hat on!! So i think I will stuff it and make it a really cute throw pillow! haha I will update this post with pictures sometime soon So you can all see it.  maybe it will turn into a really fun mess up!

Today while Babysitting I decided we needed to do a cute Halloween Craft...

Earlier this year... sometime around Spring.... I cleaned out all of my craft drawers and put together a bag of "stuff" for the kids I babysit!  It was great... because 1) i got rid of lots of things I never used... and 2) I have a great pile of craft supplies when we are in the mood to make something on Tuesdays! it was a WIN WIN decision.

Back today... I dug through the bag and found some pipe-cleaners, googly eyes, and then some paper cups from my Bridal Shower... hehe..

Because Halloween is right around the corner I decided it would be fun to make "cute" Scary Spiders!

  • First I poked 8 holes around the lip of the cup... 4 on each side for the legs.
    • I wanted to have him decorate the cups with spots or mod podge scraps of paper on the cups to make them cuter... but Jantzen isn't really Big on crafts....
  •   Then I cut 4 pipe cleaners in half to make the legs and inserted one into each hole in the cup. 
    • I twisted the legs together on the inside of the cup so they wouldn't fall out
  • Then I had Jantzen put on the googly eyes and then we drew faces!!
This was a really quick and easy project....HOPE YOU LIKE IT



No comments:

Post a Comment