Monday, October 3, 2011

My Fall Resolution

Here I am... just sitting at home.. thinking about all the things I have been thinking about lately.... hahah make sense?

Well I want to Start a Fall Resolution... I fell like fall is the start to new things anyway so WHY wait until January???

Here let me explain.


As many of you know, before David and my wedding I had been on a "Candida Free Diet" which really meant I couldn't eat ANYTHING.... ok not really... I couldn't eat sugar (in any form...natural or synthetic), no yeast products.. (so there goes bread & crackers... and pretzels.. and EVERYTHING), no Vinegar either because its made from yeast cultures...WHO KNEW! and Last but not least I couldn't eat any Milk products...I I could have eggs... and eventually I was able to introduce some plain organic yogurt into my diet... but for the most part I couldn't eat any dairy.

Back to the point... When I was eating this way I felt AMAZING.. and that is putting it mildly. Yes I was occassionally crabby because I had to eat this way durring all the yummy holidays.. YES I couldn't have the normal Thanksgiving and Christmas meals with my family... I got to steam veggies and eat them while everyone one else stuffed themselves with stuffing and gravy and homemade ice cream and my Papa's famous fudge!!! IT was Horrible... but like I said, I felt Amazing.

I kept this up for 8 months.... EIGHT MONTHS! And now since the wedding I have been eating everything and anything that I know I shouldn't have... WHY DO WE DO THIS? I know that everyone has there "thing" that they cant seem to do the right thing!! agghh Mine is with food. You would think that after 8 months I would no longer crave milk because it makes me sick... wrong.  I work in a coffee shop and with every latte I make I want to have one for myself!!  And... Evenutally I would give in to my "flesh" and drink the milk.... BAD ANDREA.

Okay I am going to back up a bit.... let me tell you what Candida is.. and why I went on this ridiculous diet. Candida is a type of yeast that is in almost all living creatures... but when our bodies become unbalanced... often due to antibiotics... the Candida can become overgrown and start taking over our bodies... thats why its called "Candida Overgrowth."  It usually begins in a persons colon.. because that is where our bodies are the most "moist and dark".  Lots of natural-pathetic doctors believe that untreated... Candida is the cause of many chronic illnesses... I can't spell any of them....haha

Now in order to treat the overgrowth of Candida in the body, you have to starve the yeast of what it feeds on.... so all the things I listed above...sugar!! Yeast products.. and Dairy (because its highly processed and takes a long time to digest so the Candida will have time to feed off  of it as it passes through the body.. gross I know but that is why) ...  here are some more sites that have good info on Candida:

How to test for Candida
Wikipedia Candida
The Candida Diet
The Candida Diet with Grapfruit Seed Extract

Anyway... back to me... I started this diet because and I saw results really fast... in the first month I dropped 16 pounds just by eating a strict "candida free" diet.  I began to sleep better and have way more energy! YAY So my whole point in this post isn't to encourage you to do what I did.. but more for me to have others know about it.. encase it is some thing they think they have because it's not widely treated...

I also am planning on going back on this diet.... I think I will still eat fruit... just not the ones that are high in sugar like banana's because I can tell they don't make me fell well... So in some way this post is me.. asking you to help me be accountable to myself.... and stop putting things in my body that I know are going to make me feel like crap!!! 

SO starting TODAY!! I will no longer be eating sugar and bread and dairy... if you know me.. please encourage me along the way! I would love that.

Some other things I am starting today:
  • I am going to do 15 push-ups a day ( I know its not much... but its more that I have been doing...) I will do them right when I get done posting this.
  • I will read one Psalm a day.... Today I read Psalm 107 
  • I will work on my making my Christmas Gifts NOW so I am not scrambling the week before.
Thanks for listening to my ramblings today... and I hope everyone has a great first week of OCTOBER!

1 comment:

  1. You my bride are amazing!! And I know you will do great!! I love you!!

    ReplyDelete