Thursday, October 20, 2011

Pumpkin Patch!

SO I have been super busy this week between working, baby-sitting, and the craziness of life! I have had a great week and a lot of it has to do with my wonderful husband!

On Saturday I had to work my usual shift at the coffee shop and David decided that he would take me out on a date day!.. I LOVE HIM!... I was giddy all morning waiting for the the date to begin!

I made us some coffees and we hit the road... David decided to take me do Red Lodge. For those of you reading who are not familiar with the town.... its a little ski town about an hour out of Billings! IT is really cute and has lots of great shops to look at. I always look forward to our road trips. I think it has something to do with the extended amount of time with my wonderful husband!  We had an amazing hour of uninterrupted time to talk.... Can you guess that one of my lovely languages is "quality time"?  It was a chilly day so I got to sport my black and" p-coat"and boots!

When we got into town we had lunch at Bogarts. Its a cute little restaurant on the main street that is based on the famous actor..Humphrey Bogart.    And while we were waiting on our food we decided to Google Mrs. Bogart and found out some really fun facts about his life! David and I are always wanting to learn new things... We also had a differeance of opinion about what the first Disney Movie ever maid was.... I thought it was BAMBI... I was wrong(I hate having to admit that) and Dave was right..The first Disney film to be produced was Snow White in 1937!

When I was growing up my sister, Arianna, when to that movie in the theater! It had to be one of the times the re-did haha! But my memeory of seeing this movie then was looking over and seeing my sister with Wide Eyes, standing up watching the preview for the" Hocus Pocus" (trailer I couldn't find the same one but her is one anyway) and during one part ... The Red Head Witch gets really big on the screen and says that" BOOK" Thats when my sister (age 2 1/2 or 3) looks really close at the screen and then is so scarred! haha.... looking back now its really a funny memory. And I wish we had a picture of that moment! but we don't...

Anyway... Back to our Date (can anyone say bunny trail?)

After lunch we walked up and down the streets going into the little shops... we went in to the Swanky Fork and I love the color of the stores walls.... They are like a deep blue..almost navy blue but not quite. I hope to paint one of my kitchen walls that color!! If I do I will be sure to post that process!

If you asked us what we did in Red Lodge our answer would have to be..."check out all of the stores bathrooms" hahaha between both of us I am pretty sure we saw most of the public bathrooms there! haha we must have had too much coffee and water..

When we heading home we got in the car and did a U-turn from our parking spot to go the other direction.... Ops! And that U-turn happend to be illegal and a office was there to watch the whole thing... So we had to sit and wait.. but the officer was really understading because we really didn't know it was illegal. And we only got a warning! Thank you Jesus! .... David made a comment about how its fun when you get warrnings because you can talk about it but not feel so upset because of the ticket.. I am not sure if I totally understand that but I do know I was much happier knowing we were only getting a warning!

On our way home we decided to stop at the Laurel Pumpkin Patch!  And I would have to say I had so much fun!  We ran out in the pumpkin patch and looked for the perfect pumpkin to bring home with us!  Here are some pictures of our fun Day!




haha the pinecone on the window looks like its part of my hair!

I love this bench!

We liked how this door was painted!



Look at this one






Look at this little guy!


I can't find the perfect one yet

These ones are cute








 We found our pumpkins and are now all set for our Pumpkin-Mainia on Friday!! Hope everyone had a great week! Please keep praying for our friends in Ethiopia and stay up to date with what they are doing here

No comments:

Post a Comment