Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Crocheting Headbands

So its been like an entire WEEK since I have blogged any thought!... and its all because I have been Crocheting in every spare second!! I was inspired by a few friends pictures. They are all crocheting blankets by using the Granny Stripe pattern... you can see that here at Attic 24. Its a pretty good tutorial to begin if you are interested in trying it.  BUT to be completely honest I am not sure I have the patience to make an entire blanket!! I really like changing it up because I get bored of the same thing over and over again, but maybe one day I will try it because how awesome would it be if I said... "yeah I made that!!" haha....

But the project that has been consuming my time the last week is making the really cute Ear Warmer Headbands that are all the "rave" on Pintrest lately. I didn't have a pattern because I couldn't read it if I had one anyway... that is on my list of things to learn... So I just started with a basic foundation chain that was the size of my head and then went around changing the stitch to a larger height in the middle so the headband would be smaller where it buttoned at the base of the head/top of the neck.... Really I just made it up as I went and they turned out great!!.

I have the opportunity to sell them at a Craft Show coming up in November... and I really hope they do well, and that people here in Billings like them!

This is the first flower I was able to make correctly.. haha I finally followed a pattern!


This is one of my Instagram photos of my work space!!


1 comment:

  1. holy cow you really went crazy with those!!! they look so good! i hope you get lots of buyers. i can't read patterns either and i basically have to follow a you tuber. and even then i'm lost. making a blanket is so fun. you have to do it. also, it's a good i'll-get-to-that-later project. i just do a few chains when i have some time and slowly but surly it's coming along. i can't wait till it's finished though! i already want to make another. bahaha

    ReplyDelete