Saturday, October 15, 2011

Ethiopia: please pray

I have had mixed feelings this week... and I think it is all because our church sent another team of people to Ambo Ethiopia... And I am not going this time. Don't get me wrong... I am so happy that the others are going and getting to experience one of my favorite places and see the faces of the orphans that many of our congregants sponsor.

BUT... there is a part of me that is broken inside because I am not going. My heart can't help but feel that Araque will think I don't love her because I didn't come back... or that the kids will forget about me! Is that silly? Maybe.. but I have to wonder. And will Araque connect with another person on the trip and then forget about me?

I guess this is another place where TRUSTING GOD comes into the Picture. I know that I LOVE these kids and nothing will ever ever EVER change that!! And there is always a reason for everything... GOD knows why... I Don't... and That is OK.

So I am praying for our Team these next two weeks... Praying that they are SAFE, Praying that GOD prepares their way and breaks down any walls that will keep them from doing GOD's work.

This trip will look a lot different than the previous ones.. in that instead of spending 100% of work time at "NEW HOPE" Orphanage, the team will be helping out the community of Ambo by rebuilding the Four Square Church.  They will see the orphans but not as much as we are used to... So I will also be praying that the kids understand this change and adjust to this transition well. Pray that they don't feel "unloved" or "neglected" or "unimportant".... That they understand that God's LOVE is Bigger than US and HE has called our church to help the lost and the poor EVERYWHERE!!

Some really neat things are going to happen though our partnership with the community of AMBO ETHIOPIA and I am so glad that I get to be part of it!  For example: In this past year... Faith Chapel has been able to find Sponsors for the Orphans so that each child has 3 sponsors and that fully meets NEW HOPE's Budget!!! HOW AWESOME IS THAT!

GOD has a plan for this Community!!!  Then next BIG thing the orphanage is praying for is a new school building.  They are facing the problem that many of the girls are a grade away from finishing the program and will then have to be forced to leave the orphanage.... but if there is another school building the orphanage can offer more classes and higher grades so that the girls can stay and complete their schooling before they have to leave.... (I'm not sure if that makes sense...?)

What they have don't once the boys have grown up... is they leave the orphanage and then move into a community home with a "house-mom" and go to public school (or high school)... and that seems to be working out well.... but the girls would not have the same opportunity (I don't think).... So I am asking you to PRAY with me and ASK GOD to provide a way for the School to become a reality!

GOD is BIG enough for that... we must trust HIM and BELIEVE that HE really can make anything happen!

Matthew 7:7 ~ Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and the door will be opened.
John 15:7~If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you. 

If you wish to follow along with our Mission Team in Ethiopia you can read their blog here
 its a live feed (if they can connect to the internet) of what they are doing... join me in praying for them these next two weeks!



Group picture in front of the orphanage October 2010







1 comment:

  1. thank you for your sweet comment on my blog! will be praying for the group in Ethiopia this week! i know it's so hard to not be there.....have a good Sunday!

    ReplyDelete