Friday, February 3, 2012

The "REAL" new year

Since the last time I have written we Celebrated our first Christmas as a married couple... Cheered in the NEW YEAR...  Said goodbye to our good friends Kristy and Nate as them moved to Pennsylvania and Celebrated my 23 Birthday!! 

The weekend before my birthday, Dave's cousin Wendy, Jason (her husband) and there 5 kids came over from Wyoming to celebrate... AND we had a blast... 9 people in our two bedroom apartment. We made some memories for sure. 

Some other news... As most of you all know I am an avid crocheter and one day at work I was approached by a women who wanted me to make her family all new Christmas Stockings... I had never made any before but I was up for the challenge.. So I got to work right away. I have completed 5 of the 7 and have been hearing of others wanting to order some from me too.  I am so excited for this opportunity to use my "crafty" gift and bless others with hand made goodies. As I crochet I pray for the person that will be receiving them. I hope that one day this can turn into something more of a career... Only God knows whats up ahead.

In the past 3 weeks we were informed that our untidy and inconsiderate upstairs family is moving & they are officially gone as of February 1st! YAY no more smoke ..... but even better than them leaving is that David and I get to move upstairs for only $100 more in rent.  I can't even begin to describe how excited I am about this change of address! We will be gaining 2 more bedrooms, a real dining room, a porch off the side of the dining room, and an entryway closet!!  I am so excited I could just dance all day!

Seriously... I came home last night after worship practice and our Land Lord was up stairs and they told us that they would be there all day Friday (today) cleaning and getting it ready for us to move this weekend... AND I WAS SO GIDDY I was dancing around like a loon getting ready for bed!

But the bad part of all my excitement... I barely slept at ALL last night... it felt like I had injected caffeine straight into my bloodstream.... and before I could really fall asleep David's alarm went off at 5:45 AM and it was time to start the day...

So I here I am... feeling like death and super excited to move upstairs.... I pray some energy materializes soon.

I was telling Dave the other day that if feels like my "New Years Resolution" time began on the First of February...

I say that because it took me almost all of January to collect my thoughts and actually have a chance to think about some of the goals I would like to Reach in 2012... So here is my "LIST"
  1. Read 50 books & write a small review for each
  2. I will read Scripture Every Day!!
  3. Start the Process of buying a home/ maybe even purchasing.
  4. Eat Healthy/Work out.... but really I just need to FIND BALANCE with these. I hope to be back in my "skinny" pants soon... (at least by October when we go on a cruise) 
  5. GET ALL DEBT paid off
  6. LIVE Simply... Weed out all the junk from our lives...

2012 Here I come!!






2 comments:

  1. You get to move THIS weekend?! How very exciting! Let us know if you need any help! I tried to read 50 books last year and failed. Sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you post your recommendations on here so I can find some new books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this A lot! The stocking are Beautiful. Thank you for being a great friend. I miss you. Tell Dave I say hi. Love you!

    ReplyDelete