Saturday, February 4, 2012

Book 1 of 50


BOOK 1:  I chose this book totally and completely because it was only $0.99 on my NOOK and Shea (my sisters boyfriend) gave me  NOOK Gift card for my Birthday and I want to make it last as long as possible..

It was a really interesting book,  a thrilling story of a serial killer in Stallin's Soviet Russia. It was based on the crimes of the Ukrainian serial killer Andrei Chikatilo, aka the Rostov Ripper who was convicted of 52 child murders.

 I usually don't reach for this type of book but it captured my attention and I had all 279 pages read in 3 days! There were a few parts that made me cringe.... what did i expect? Its about a child murder.... but over all I really enjoyed it.

After reading Child 44, I googled the book and found out that it is the first part of a trilogy. The second part is called The Secret Speech  and the third part, called Agent 6 will be published in the US in early 2012.... (it was published in July '11 in the UK). (wikipedia search on child 44)

I am going to have to look into getting the Second book... Hopefully it will be fairly inexpensive :D



1 comment:

  1. oh I heard this book is pretty good! Maybe I'll have to buckle down and read! Thanks for following along Color Issue...and thanks for sharing on google+ :-) The more the merrier right?! :-)

    Have a great rest of the weekend!

    ReplyDelete