Sunday, March 18, 2012

Books 3-8

Books 3, 4, 5 The Wives of King David Series by Jill Eileen Smith

I really enjoyed reading Michael... it made me take another look at King David's life from the stand point of his first wife Michael. She was Saul's daughter and I had never considered the struggle that she went through with her dad trying to kill her husband... WOW.  It was a fairly quick read and I was excited to jump right into the other books in the series. I would have to say that Bathsheba was my favorite one to read... maybe its because she is the most known wife of David... but I enjoyed them all. Sometimes I have a hard time with books about characters from the Bible because how can you really write a whole novel about a person the bible maybe writes one paragraph on... but even though the story is semi fabricated it really takes the stand point of what the Human nature is and how anyone would react in these situations... So even though I know that these stories are not FACT... they are a good guess at how these relationships played out...
              
Books 6,7,8  The CIRCLE TRILOGY by TED DEKKER

These are some of the best books ever written!!  Ted Dekker is a brilliant writer who has a unique way of bringing the spiritual battle of Good vs Evil into a Thrilling story of Thomas Hunter.. who gets shot and begins dreaming of a second reality. Whenever he falls asleep in one world he wakes up in the other. I  Highly RECOMMEND these.... Stop everything and READ THEM NOW!.... I mean it. The series continues with green and I will be starting that one soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment